Thursday, September 15, 2011

Back in the Fight

Back from an extended vacation to Hawaii and I am hopped up to finish some projects, start some new ones, and game some small battles with my limited terrain here at the FOB.

During the extremely long plane ride and some extended stays on some beautiful beaches, I read "Force on Force" and am really pumped up to finish the Vietnam Project so I can game some battles in the Iron Triangle with the US Army's vaunted "Tropic Lightning" Division!  Especially after being on the current US Military stronghold of Hawaii.

Also got to hike around "buku" fortifications in preparation for a Japanese invasion during the late 30's early 40's.  It was amazing to see preparations on US Soil like that.  Pillboxes, fire control centers, and mortar pits were just some of the action I got to see.  Can't wait to start a Japanese WWII Project.

Expect to see me finally finish my AWI Highlanders and Light-Bobs as well as Seth Warner's Green Mountain Boys as well. All this and more - stay tuned.

PS I also expect to begin contributing to over at Dave F's excellent Napoleonic Blog  "A Bit of Colored Ribbon"   Go there and link to his site.  I cannot wait to begin painting up some test figures to try out my technique.

That being said, if anyone has any tips or advice regarding Force on Force, I'm all ears.  I am very much looking forward to gaming that system with my modern US, Brits, French, Chinese, Muhj Fighters, etc.  Huzzah! 

It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment