Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Gaming Models 15mm Miniatures

Thanks Itinerant Hobbyist for posting this link the other day.

Gaming Models is a site that sells painted and assembled 15mm World War II gaming miniatures for a very reasonable price.

From their own website:

Gaming Models original sculptings are 15mm or 1/108th scale. These miniatures are made with the gamer in mind and are not intended to be fine scale models. Some have road worn fenders and hulls. Vehicle miniatures come fully assembled and painted, and are ready to game with out of the box. Vehicles are made from mutiple castings (hulls, turrets, tracks and wheels). All turrets are pinned and rotate. Vehicles can be unpainted at the buyers request, the price is the same as painted. All vehicles are $5.00 each. Specialty items such as bunkers, landing craft, the glider and train are priced separately. Also, if you have a wish list of vehicles, let me know and I will try to work them in.


Here is their link:  

http://www.gamodls.com/index.htm

I have a right mind to email them and ask if they'll scuplt moderns!

That is all.  Not much activity on the hobby front as I'm still at training.  Hopefully soon I can finish up those Prussians and Austrians on the workbench and get back to WW2 and Moderns!


9 comments:

  1. The "paint job" on those tanks is nothing more than a sloppy drybrush on top of the undercoat. It's a good thing they offer them unpainted :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mikko,
      I look at it this way - I'm getting a pre-primed model! I think I'm going to order some more rare models from them that I don't want to wait on PSC to produce and don't want to pay BF pricing. (Hetzers and prime movers for guns come to mind)

      Delete
  2. Ask him for any particular vehicle you are interested in. I could not find a single Panzer II Flamm by any manufacturer. I asked the owner of Gaming Models about it and he said he would make me one even though I only needed ONE of them. He sculpted a new model for me and it only cost the same as anything else out of his catalog. Fantastic customer service.

    What moderns are you looking for? IrishSerb does some good work with moderns at a similar price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,
      Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking for T-62s, T-72s, and BMP-1s specifically. Does he have a website?

      Craig wrote back and said he is considering starting AIW next year!!!

      Delete
    2. Excellent. I hope he does a Merkava I.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the shout out and Mikko is right. But they work for what they are and can certainly be detailed to your taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Itinerant, I already contacted Craig and am going to place an order this week. Thank you for posting.

      Delete
  4. I also asked for moderns a few weeks back and he did say AIW was on the way. He has great service and a good product for the price. Love the Blog!

    Later
    John
    LZBravo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John,
      I just placed a good-sized order with him! Part of my Christmas gift (although it won't arrive until after Dec 25th).

      Delete